Securing Sexual & Reproductive Health and Autonomy
The NWHN supports access to safe and effective reproductive health technologies, services and information without restrictions driven by ideology. We defend women’s sexual and reproductive health and autonomy against anti-choice threats which would undermine access to contraceptive and abortion care. And we promote provision of accurate information about how women can protect themselves from unintended pregnancy and infection.
- expanding and protecting coverage for abortion services in public and private health insurance
- establishing over-the-counter access to affordable emergency contraception without a medically unjustified age restriction
- increasing investment in research to develop safe and effective contraceptive and HIV prevention options for women
- getting broader distribution of female condoms in the United States through community partnership programs that eliminate or substantially reduce cost barriers
- ensuring women's options for dealing with sexual problems are safe and effective, including pushing back against drugs where the benefits do not outweigh the risks