**Currently accepting applications for spring (January – May) 2021. Spring intern will work remotely and does not need to be based in DC. Stipend will remain the same.**
About The National Women’s Health Network
Founded in 1975, the National Women’s Health Network (NWHN) improves the health of all women by developing and promoting a critical analysis of health issues in order to affect policy and support consumer decision-making. We are consumer activists, supported by a national membership of thousands of individuals.
Are you a tech-savvy, social media lover who enjoys writing and is excited to roll up your sleeves and learn about all things digital and communications? Then this is the internship for you! NWHN seeks a college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as our Communications Intern. The Communications Intern will report to the Communications and Digital Media Manager but will have the opportunity to work closely with all departments within the organization. This internship is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in women’s health while learning more about the day-to-day communications and digital operations of a national non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Communications staff with the planning and evaluation of communication activities
- Draft correspondence, copy edit and proofread materials as requested
- Conduct research and write on a variety of topics related to women’s health
- Assist with media monitoring efforts, metrics collection, and reporting
- Assist with Google AdWords
- Assist with email marketing and website management
- Help boost traffic on the NWHN website and blog
- Generate regular posts for NWHN social media platforms
- Pull and interpret analytics on social media performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in women’s health
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest)
- Familiarity with graphic design and photo editing software a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress and Blackbaud NetCommunity a plus
Location and Hours
This position is based in Washington, D.C. A minimum commitment of 32 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue further depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. The NWHN offers a weekly internship stipend.
How to Apply
To apply for the Communications Internship at the National Women’s Health Network, please email your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position to Evita Almassi, email@example.com. Please include “Communications Internship” in the subject line of your email.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. NWHN will work with students and their colleges or universities to complete any documentation required.
This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only. The National Women’s Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.