Other Ways to Give
Give by Phone
To make a gift via telephone, please contact the Development Director at 202-682-2640 ext. 227. You will need a valid credit card (NWHN accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express).
Give by Mail
To make a gift via mail, please send us a check/money order (payable to “NWHN”) or credit card info (type, number and expiration date), along with the following information:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number (for questions)
- Your e-mail address (for questions)
- The donation amount
- Your signature
- Any special instructions
Mail this information with your check or money order to:
National Women’s Health Network
1413 K Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
The gift of an appreciated asset is a powerful way to support the work of the National Women’s Health Network. Your gift of securities will entitle you to a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize your tax returns. And in the case of appreciated securities, you may deduct the full fair market value of your gift once you have held onto the securities for at least one year. In addition, you will avoid paying capital gains tax on all stock that you chose to donate to the National Women’s Health Network.
- You can authorize your stock broker or your bank to complete the transfer process. Please instruct your broker or bank to speak with someone on our member services team.
- If you hold the physical securities (stock certificates), you can directly mail the certificate(s) without any endorsement or assignment.
- Please enclose a letter stating the purpose of your gift (for example, “to benefit all of the programs of NWHN”). In a separate envelope, please include a signed stock power form for each gift (available from your bank or broker). Please note that except for your signature exactly as your name appears on the stock certificate, the stock power form should be blank.
If you are a military or federal employee, you can help support the work of the NWHN by participating in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Many state and local government employees — and even those employed by private corporations — can also support the NWHN through payroll deduction.
This program automatically deducts charitable gifts from your paycheck monthly, bimonthly or weekly. Contributions to NWHN are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. To participate, simply check with your human resources department to find out about your company’s Workplace Giving Program. If your company does not have a Workplace Giving Program or if National Women’s Health Network is not one of the listed charities, please let us know and we will gladly contact them on your behalf. NWHN’s CFC# 10485.
Employer Matching Gift Programs
Did you know that your gift to NWHN may be eligible to be doubled or even tripled?
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies even extend these matching benefits to gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
If your company provides matching gifts, request a matching gift form from your employer. Send the completed and signed form with your gift and we will handle the rest!