Our Track Record:
The Network believes that everyone deserves access to equitable, high-quality, and comprehensive health care regardless of their sexuality or gender identity. We also believe the science and our LGBTQAI+ board, staff, and members when they tell us that health care cannot be high quality unless it is gender-affirming. Historically, we’ve supported LGBTQAI+-affirming organizations like the Montrose Center in Houston Texas, and focused our efforts on advocating for better health care for the transgender community. We are proud of this work, and we’re excited to improve how we show up in this space.
The Network will be broadening our health policy portfolio so that the entire Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning, Asexual, Intersex, and Nonbinary (LGBTQAI+) populations can recognize themselves and their needs in our work. To this end, we’ve been working closely with our allies at The Trevor Project to refine our policy agenda.
Change Lives (Including Yours). Get Involved
By deepening your relationship with the Network, you can:
- Improve LGBTQAI+ Health and equity across the nation
- Build your skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more
- Expand your professional circle with prospective mentors, employers, and subject matter experts
- Connect with an audience millions strong that wants to learn about brands that share their values
- Become an NWHN member. With your annual donation of just $15, you’ll receive:
- A 12 month membership to the NWHN
- Subscription to our exclusive quarterly newsletter
- Member mobilization updates and advocacy opportunities
- Invitations to annual events
- Sponsor a policy pillar. Are you particularly passionate about improving access and equity LGBTQAI+ Health? Contact our Interim Development Director Rachel Branaman at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can help us make an impact and access our audience of:
- 21K email subscribers
- 17K social media followers
- 2 million website visitors
- Apply to be a guest on our podcast. Your Health Unlocked empowers you to make better health care decisions by elevating reliable information and stories about today’s most pressing health topics. Pitch us an episode by filling out this short E-form today.
- Volunteer with us. We are always looking for passionate and motivated volunteers who want to hone their skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more. Fill out this short volunteer interest form, and a member of our team will be in touch with next steps.