Help us expand our reach and fight for women's health.
- Opera News | The NWHN is mentioned here as a subject matter expert organization on heart disease in women in an article about communicable diseases.
- Health and Human Rights Journal | The Network is cited as a reproductive health expert in an article exploring the fate of women under carceral surveillance in a post-Roe world.
- Trend DC Health Digest | The Network adds research depth to an article about bacterial vaginosis's causes, symptoms, and treatments.
- Human Rights Watch | The Network signs on to a letter to President Biden expressing concern over the use of federal aid in abortion surveillance.
- WORT FM | Laura Kaplan, a former NWHN board member, gives an interview about her work with The Jane Cooperative.
- Tuscon News | The Network is cited as a reliable source about how to obtain medication abortion in an increasingly hostile post-Roe world.
- The Industrial Relations Journal | The Network is cited as a partner of the women's march, a case study of what the authors call "intersectional organizing."
- The Geriatric Diatician | The Network article on Algaecal is referenced as a source in an article discussing calcium-rich vegan foods.
- Joint Letter on Permanent 12-Month Postpartum Care | The Network signed on to a letter to the federal legislature urging lawmakers to include language establishing permanent, nationwide 12-month
postpartum Medicaid coverage in a year-end legislative package.
- Medical News Today | Deep dive research on the costs of different forms of birth control conducted by the Network are cited in this article, weighing the risks and benefits of the birth control shot vs. the pill.
- Literary Hub | Laura Kaplan, a former board member of the Network, talks about The Jane Collective, the legendary underground feminist abortion service.
- Congresswoman Maria Elvira Salazar | The Network endorses a bill backed by Salazar to address the infant formula crisis by expanding access to donor milk.
- Essence | The Network is cited as a critical ally organization in the history of the Black Women's Health Project.
- Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan | The Network Director of Policy and Partnerships, discusses the impact of the infant formula shortage and the importance of improving access to donor milk.
- Marketplace | The Network's research on the ever-changing costs of medication abortion is cited in an article analyzing the decision of college campuses across the nation to provide access to abortion pills.
- Digital Journal | The Network is cited as a subject matter expert on geriatric pregnancy in an article discussing a cutting-edge new treatment to extend the life of eggs.
- Senator Diane Feinstein | The Senator pushed once more for the Personal Care Product Safety Act bill to move forward in Congress and listed the Network as a long-time supporter of the initiative.
- The Washington Examiner | The Network's extensive research into the changing costs of birth control is cited in an article discussing the FDA's pending examination of over-the-counter birth control.
- Rappler | Clinical psychologist Dr. Margarita Holmes references and praises the Network's article on the G-spot when answering a question about female ejaculation.
- Med India | The Network's research on hysterectomies was cited in an article examining the rising hysterectomies amongst rural women in India and the health/societal implications.
- Vice | The Network's research on the cost barriers related to IUDs and other birth control methods was cited in an article about the increased use of illegal online pharmacies among Americans.
- Reason | The Network and Plan C are cited as trusted information sources regarding abortion access in an article about free speech and controversial topics post-Roe.
- Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney | Maloney and Meng reintroduced a bill long endorsed by the Network that would call for more stringent studies regarding the safety of menstrual and intimate care products.
- The List | The Network is extensively cited in an article about how to become a doula and their impact on maternal health outcomes.
- The Daily Kos | The Network's birth control research features heavily in a Florida women's voting guide ahead of the midterm elections.
- USA Today | The Network and Plan C are cited as trusted abortion access organizations in an article explaining how to get medication abortion delivered to doorsteps nationwide.
- The Fed Is Best Foundation | In an article outlining ten promising practices for ethical, successful, and inclusive breastfeeding, multiple articles penned by the Network's policy team were cited.
- Senator Susan Collins | Senators Collins and Blumenthal introduced a senate bill to eliminate co-pays for veterans accessing contraception, which the Network endorsed.
- Politico | The Network and Plan C are cited as good sources for obtaining trusted information on whether or not a pharmacy is legitimate, abortion access, and more.
- Healthline | In an article detailing the differences between estrogen vs. progesterone, the Network's research on safe treatment for menopause is extensively cited.
- The Daily Kos | The Network's research on medication abortion's safety and undetectability is extensively cited in an article about the upcoming legal battles post-Roe.
- Congresswoman Angie Craig | Craig's legislation to protect a woman's fundamental right to access contraception, an initiative the Network endorses, passed the house.
- The Tennessee Tribune | The Network's Director of Policy and Partnerships is named as an inaugural cohort member of the Birth & Breastfeeding Leadership Institute, a program directed by the Black Mothers' Breastfeeding Association.
- Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger | The Network endorses Spanberger's legislation to protect seniors, prevent drug manufacturers from obscuring dangerous side effects of their prescription drugs in their advertisements, and help consumers make informed decisions.
- The Wall Street Journal | The Network and Plan C are cited as trusted abortion access organizations in an article examining the legal barriers abortion providers face post-Roe.
- Senator Amy Klobuchar | The Network endorses Klobuchar's bipartisan legislation to increase access to lifesaving cancer screenings.
- Reason | The Network and Aid Access are cited as trusted information sources regarding abortion access in an article about the challenges of enforcing abortion bans post-Roe.
- Business Insider | The Network's extensive cost estimates related to birth control are cited in a resource roundup about getting birth control no matter the circumstances.
- Yahoo News | The Network and Plan C are cited as trusted abortion access organizations in an article detailing five ways to support abortion access in a post-Roe America.
- The Telegraph | The Network's statement analyzing the overturning of Roe v. Wade and associated social media collateral is picked up by The Telegraph and other news sources.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren | The Network endorses legislation to Stop anti-abortion disinformation by crisis pregnancy centers.
- Senator Tammy Duckworth | The Network endorses legislation opposing the criminalization of the full range of reproductive and sexual healthcare, including abortion, gender-affirming care, and contraceptive care. The resolution also disapproves of the criminalization of pregnancy outcomes.
- Congresswoman Lauren Underwood | The Network endorses the bipartisan Endometriosis CARE Act, which would fund investments needed to advance endometriosis research, develop and expand treatment access, and promote public awareness.
- Bustle | The Network and Plan C are cited as trusted abortion access organizations in an article explaining the difference between emergency contraception and medication abortion.
- The Daily Kos | The Network is cited in an article about contemporary issues with the DSM-5, the definition of depression, and the pathologization of grief among women.
- Time | The Network and Sistersong's seminal publication, the LARC Statement of Principles, is cited in an article about barriers to long-acting contraceptives.
- Politico | The Network is officially listed as a newly registered lobbying organization, improving our ability to advocate for women's health.
- The Things | The Network's research is cited in an article about the cause of Hailey Bieber's mini-stroke.
- Common Reads | Author Dolen Perkins-Valdez promotes the Network as a reliable reproductive justice organization in an article about her new book "Take My Hand."
- HealthCentral | The Network's advocacy for the increased inclusion of pregnant women in clinical trials is cited in an article on the chronic disease Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Biospace | The NWHN's groundbreaking research into fibroids and racial disparities is cited in an article discussing the future of fibroids treatment.
- WebMD | The Network's hormone replacement therapy research is cited in an article examining the alleged effects of the Maca herb on libido.
- The Public Health Millenial | Former NWHN board member Dr. Ndidiamaka Amutah-Onukagha, PhD, MPH, CHES discussed her life and career in public health.
- Shape | The Network's advocacy for the increased inclusion of women in clinical trials is cited in an article discussing the potential link between birth control and depression.
- Atlanta Magazine | Former NWHN board member Dázon Dixon Diallo is named one of Atlanta's 500 most powerful nonprofit and advocacy leaders in 2022.
- Healthline | The Network's extensive research into the changing costs of birth control is cited in an article advising consumers on how to save money when purchasing contraception.
- Mad in America | In an article examining how drug companies can manipulate patient advocacy groups, former NWHN Executive Director Cindy Pearson is quoted regarding her experience watching patient advocate groups testify at FDA Advisory Committee meetings over the years.
- Yahoo Life | The Network's article "Is the G-spot real?" is cited in an article about how to find the G-spot for stronger orgasms.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy | Former NWHN Executive Director Cindy Pearson is interviewed regarding the Network's decision not to rely on money from big pharma, drug, and device companies or insurance companies in an article about the connection between nonprofits and the opioid crisis.
- The Hilltop | The Network is cited as a trusted abortion access organization in the nation's oldest black collegiate newspaper.