Our Track Record:
The NWHN’s work on breast health has helped decrease the incidence rate of breast cancer cases nationwide. In 2012, the NWHN received the Grassroots Activism Award from the National Breast Cancer Coalition in recognition of our years-long campaign to educate women about the cancer risks associated with menopause hormone therapy, which led to the largest-ever drop in cancer rates. We were also one of the first organizations to call on the FDA to require studies on the safety of breast implants in the ‘90s, and continue to raise awareness today about Breast Implant Illness.
The Network will be broadening our breast health scope of influence by focusing on:
- Advancing breastfeeding awareness, education, and support to promote health equity.
- Advocating for increased federal funding for breast cancer research and focusing on diversity in clinical trials.
- Investing in Breastfeeding Will Advance Health Equity (Policy Commentary)
- My Breast Implants are Painful and my Surgeon Won't Listen - What can I do? (Member Q&A)
Change Lives (Including Yours). Get Involved
By deepening your relationship with the Network, you can:
- Improve Breast Health and equity across the nation
- Build your skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more
- Expand your professional circle with prospective mentors, employers, and subject matter experts
- Connect with an audience millions strong that wants to learn about brands that share their values
- Become an NWHN member. With your annual donation of just $15, you’ll receive:
- A 12 month membership to the NWHN
- Subscription to our exclusive quarterly newsletter
- Member mobilization updates and advocacy opportunities
- Invitations to annual events
- Sponsor a policy pillar. Are you particularly passionate about improving access and equity for breast health? Contact our Interim Development Director Rachel Branaman at email@example.com to learn how you can help us make an impact and access our audience of:
- 21K email subscribers
- 17K social media followers
- 2 million website visitors
- Apply to be a guest on our podcast. Your Health Unlocked empowers you to make better health care decisions by elevating reliable information and stories about today’s most pressing health topics. Pitch us an episode by filling out this short E-form today.
- Volunteer with us. We are always looking for passionate and motivated volunteers who want to hone their skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more. Fill out this short volunteer interest form, and a member of our team will be in touch with next steps.