The National Women’s Health Network (The Network) was founded in 1975 – almost half a century ago. We understand that to remain true to our progressive and feminist roots, we must continually evaluate and update what we do and how we do it as the world changes around us.
To this end, the board and staff came together this year for strategic planning and refreshed our policy priorities to be more inclusive, impactful, and responsive to the nation’s health policy needs.
These priorities, or pillars, are informed by the science and the lived experiences of health care consumers (that’s you). Read on to learn more about our 12 Policy Pillars and the signature issue areas we’ll be focusing on in the coming months.
Need Information on a Specific Pillar? Click to Jump to:
Change Lives (Including Yours). Get Involved.
By deepening your relationship with the Network, you can:
- Improve health care access and equity across the nation
- Build your skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more
- Expand your professional circle with prospective mentors, employers, and subject matter experts
- Connect with an audience millions strong that wants to learn about brands that share their values
- Become an NWHN member. With your annual donation of just $15, you’ll receive:
- A 12 month membership to the NWHN
- Subscription to our exclusive quarterly newsletter
- Member mobilization updates and advocacy opportunities
- Invitations to annual events
- Sponsor a policy pillar. Are you passionate about an area we’re working on? Contact our Interim Development Director Rachel Branaman at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can help us make an impact and access our audience of:
- 21K email subscribers
- 17K social media followers
- 2 million website visitors
- Apply to be a guest on our podcast. Your Health Unlocked empowers you to make better health care decisions by elevating reliable information and stories about today’s most pressing health topics. Pitch us an episode by filling out this short E-form today.
- Volunteer with us. We are always looking for passionate and motivated volunteers who want to hone their skills in communications, development, management, health policy & advocacy, community organizing, and more. Fill out this short volunteer interest form, and a member of our team will be in touch with next steps.