Here at the Network, we are dedicated to sharing birth stories in all their diversities because we know that no two births are the same. In this episode, we’re thrilled to bring you the birth story of Nicole Suto – AKA Niki Kaos – and self-proclaimed “rock n’ roll mommy.”
Balancing the demands of a career with the responsibilities of motherhood is an intricate dance that many mothers are familiar with. But life as a rock star presented its own unique challenges for Nicole, as she tried to find a harmonious balance between musician life and mom life. Nicole opens up about the hurdles she faced while carving out her identity as a musician and a mother, and navigating the beautiful chaos of postpartum life. Don’t miss this authentic take on the adventure that is motherhood and her valuable advice for anyone hoping to pursue this path.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What Niki’s journey was like to becoming pregnant
- What her experience of pregnancy was like, including the anxieties she had
- The details of Niki’s birth story
- The challenges she faced returning to work as a new mom
- What took Niki by surprise in the first year of postpartum life
- Her general experience of motherhood and what she would advise anyone who is currently pregnant or trying to get pregnant
More about Niki:
Nicole Suto is a New York state employee and Niki Kaos is her rock star alter-ego. Born and raised in Troy, NY – she lived in San Francisco and New York City in her 20’s, before returning to The Capital Region to be closer to family. With a master’s degree in public administration, Niki’s passion is ensuring access to health care.
Niki’s love of music is boundless and she started writing songs at age 16. She now helps the musical community of upstate New York survive and thrive. With arts and entertainment company Kaos Industries, Niki is excited to help promote women in all aspects of the music industry. When she’s not working in music, she’s striving to make New York State a better place as a public employee dedicated to ensuring better access to high-quality health care. In her spare time, she can usually be found in the woods or in the bathroom dying her kid’s hair fun colors.
Resources for Episode 027:
Some Terms and Linked Definitions:
- Curious Comet is the latest project from musical duo Bob Donald and Niki Kaos. With an indie Alt Rock vibe, their debut album Authentic Earth will immerse you in a sonic bath of dynamic guitar work and emotive vocals. Self-produced at their home studio in Shushan, NY, the album tells stories of the human condition, through our connections with each other and our environment. Find out more here.
- Take a look at Niki’s Facebook Page to learn more about her work.
- Diaper service companies deliver sanitized cloth diapers to your door on a regular schedule, and pick up the soiled ones for laundering. This list shows ten diaper service companies operating across the U.S. and gives some advice for what to consider before making a choice.
The primary purpose of this podcast is to educate and entertain. All views expressed by the persons featured on the Your Health Unlocked podcast are their own and do not reflect the opinions of the NWHN or its affiliates. Information provided in this podcast does not constitute medical advice. Consult your own provider for any medical issues that you may be experiencing.