Convention Craziness and the Attacks on Women’s Health
Here at the National Women’s Health Network we don’t weigh in on candidates or elections, what we do is educate our members when policy proposals impact our core values.
So what did the platform promise?
- A constitutional amendment granting personhood status to fetuses, outlawing abortion with no exception for rape or the life or health of the woman.
- An end to all public support for any organization that also provides abortion services.
- A complete repeal of the Affordable Care Act.
- Turning Medicare’s guaranteed benefit into a voucher that covers less each year.
- Slashing funds for Medicaid.
And much more.
As an organization dedicated to the health and well-being of all women, we were also deeply disturbed by the racist attacks on people of color and immigrants that defined so many convention speeches this week and by the numerous attacks on people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ individuals, low-income women, and more included in the platform.
But no matter the outcome of the election, you can count on us to make your voice heard as the go-to organization for trustworthy women’s health advocacy. We hope you will continue to support the work of NWHN by becoming a member and making a donation today!